Minutes – 19 March 2008
North Kelvinside Community Council
Minutes from meeting on 19th March 2008
Mark S Adams (Chair)
Peter Blackshaw (Secretary)
Kevin Edgar (Treasurer)
Alex Copland ( C&S Glasgow)
Keiran Wild ( GCC Councillor)
- Police absent from meeting this week as on holiday
- Break-in on Oban Drive still being investigated and nothing new to report
- Oban Drive security doors said to be left open, Keiran will contact Steven Scott to enquire
- The Council has proposed that residents pay £50 a year for parking. This is to stop commuters parking and using the underground etc.
- 20p an hour parking for non-residents
- Free in evening after 6pm and before 8am and weekends
- Can apply for 2 permits per property
- Letters will be sent in the next month
Planning Report on NK Pitches
- Progress is going well
- Will be staffed by council up to 10pm which will need funding of around £100,00 a year but Alex Copland says funds are likely to be raised
- MUGA to be extended to play more sports
- Full size state of the art pitch with latest 3G generation surface
- Car Park entrance too close to junction
- Plans to move Pavilion up towards Maryhill and car park down to ease traffic
- Pavilion plans still to be finalised
- Issue of persisting trouble from teenagers arose but Alex assures there will be adequate security to prevent trouble
- Alex plans to have a cardboard model ready for next time he is present
For the letter regarding traffic in North Kelvinside it has been proposed that 2 separate letters be sent with 1 remaining as it is and the other being tweaked. Peter Blackshaw to send.
- Cheques are now ready to be used by the Community Council
- Cheque to be issued to pay for hall. Kevin Edgar will write cheques for hire of Queens Cross Hall and previous church hall.
- Letter received regarding Community Plan Partnership. Someone will be along to speak in May.
- It has been requested that someone come along to next meeting to show designs for Clouston Street site. Extend invitation to Clouston Street residents.
- Administration grant, still waiting on audited accounts. Were to be in for 31/03/2008
- Women’s hockey team have asked for use of NK pitches. They have been asked to contact Mark Adams.