Minutes – 15 April 2009

North Kelvin Community Council Notes

Wednesday 15 April 2009 at 6.30pm

Queens Cross Community Room

Present: Mark Adams (MA) (Chair); Peter Blackshaw (PB) (Secretary); Dave Beavan (DB) (Website & Library); Councillor Jim MacKechnie (JM); Kirsty Davidson (KD) (Minute Secretary)

Apologies: Eddie Devlin (ED); Dorothy Gow (DG); Susie Hallas (SH)

Welcome

MA thanked everyone for attending.

Minutes of previous meeting and matters arising

As the Police have not given apologies or submitted crime figures (as agreed at the last meeting), MA said he would contact PC Gerard Christie (GC).

Action: KD to pass GC’s email address to MA.

PB said he had not received a reply from the manager of Aspire. JM said he would contact Elaine Haddow (EH) at Glasgow City Council to ask whether she could speak to Aspire with regards to them attending a meeting.

Action: JM to speak to EH about the Aspire manager attending the next meeting.

PB was asked to put the issue of Aspire on next month’s agenda.

Action: PB to add item to May’s agenda.

MA asked DB to put the graffiti removal photo on the website, to show that as a result of our reports graffiti has been removed. MA and DB said they would update the graffiti list to show which graffiti has been removed.

Action: DB to add photo to the website. MA and DB to update graffiti list.

Police Report

The police were not in attendance, so no report was given.

Councillor’s Report

JM said the Service Manager from Culture and Sport Glasgow had visited the North Kelvinside football pitches to see the condition of them and has agreed to draw up a repair plan.

JM reported there was an issue with parking outside the church on Belmont Street during weddings and funerals. The Council intend to put ‘keep clear’ markings down to hopefully resolve the problem.

JM said the Council had managed to trace the owner of the Filling Station site and have written to them asking for the wall to be fixed or for proper safety measures to be put up.

JM reported that the owners of the gap site on Wilton Street, Standard Homes, have been asked to put up a more permanent fence around the site, but he thought it would probably be left to the Council to fund.

Treasurer’s Report

MA asked PB to find out from Kevin Edgar (KE) whether the annual accounts were submitted. MA said there was a lot of money in the bank account which needs to be spent. It was suggested that as there is no central community location such as a library in the area, a notice board might be a good idea.

Action: KD to obtain a quote from David Ogilvie for a notice board. PB to add Community Council notice board to next month’s agenda.

Information – website

DB reported there were 901 page views in March, which are the best monthly figures to date. DB said visitors had been typing the website address in rather than googling, so perhaps the posters are working. MA said he had been using the website as an example of good practise with community groups that he has been working with.

Communications and correspondence

Action: PB to update the Community Councils’ Resource Centre with the correct venue and time of Community Council meetings in preparation for October elections.

AOCB

MA said the Community Council should avoid having a meeting during the Easter holiday next year. Hopefully this will avoid the situation where many members are not present.

Action: PB to invite Alex Copeland, Culture and Sport Glasgow to the June meeting, as the North Kelvinside football pitches plans have been significantly updated.

Action: DB to email Community Council members to ask them for ideas for locating the notice board.

Next meeting – 20 May 2009 @ 6.30pm, St. Charles School

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *