Minutes – 16 March 2011
North Kelvin Community Council Minutes
16 March 2011 at 6:30pm
St Charles School
Present: Ken Andrew (KA chairing), Kate Wooding (KW), Douglas Peacock (DP), Jane Morgan (JM), Janet Andrews (JA), Peter Blackshaw (PB), Councillor Jim Mackechnie (JMacK).
Apologies: Susie Hallas, Dave Beavan, Kirsty Davidson, Gordon Barnes.
1. The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as a correct record (KW proposed and DP seconded). It was agreed as a matter arising that KW would finalise the letter to the licensing board for discussion at the next meeting
2. A police report was not presented.
3. JMacK gave his report.
Flooding had occurred in the area of QM Drive, Kelbourne St and Oban Drive. This appeared to have been caused by work on Oban Drive and to be sewer related and thus a matter for Scottish Water. PB noted that gulleys had not been cleaned. J MacK reported that he would go to Scottish Water’s “surgery” at the Council Chambers.
A planning application has been made for flats on Maryhill Rd, opposite Braeside Street and on the same side as Braeside Street before the fire station. JM noted that she had requested the application from the Council.
A memorial plaque to John Young would soon be unveiled but the engraving was not satisfactory and would need further work.
4. Those present discussed the meeting about the proposed development on the “Meadow” and subsequent e-mailing between members about the content of a press release issued by the Meadow campaign. Some members considered that the press release could have more accurately reflected the nature of the motion passed at the meeting while others felt it was appropriate. It was decided that JM should approach the Council asking for attendance at the next meeting to (a) set out the processes and decision leading up to the design competition and sale subject to planning permission, and (b) inform members, in relation to all planning applications, of procedures and what are material issues for consideration.
5. JM reported that, as planning officer, she had requested 2 planning application including that previously mentioned at 613/620 Maryhill Road. She would chase these but it was likely that comments would need to be submitted before the next meeting and that this would need handled by e-mail.
6. As GB could not attend there was no web report.
7. KW, as Treasurer, reported a balance of £1,300.
8. PB reported on correspondence.
In response to an invitation, PB will attend the unveiling of the John Young plaque on behalf of the CC.
Application for renewal of HMO licences had been submitted to the Council for 8 Caithness St, 124 Raeberry St and 291b Wilton St.
GCC had reminded CCs of their political neutrality.
9. Under AOB, 3 matters were raised:
A controlled parking zone was about to commence in Napiershall Street.
JA circulated a draft letter to GCC about the lack of need for a 24/7 bus lane on QM Drive. It was agreed that JA should send this on behalf of the CC after some redrafting.
KW had prepared a paper on carrying out more routine CC business by e-mail. It was agreed that she would circulate this for discussion at the next meeting.
10. It was noted that the next meeting would be on 20 April.