Fergus Drive planning application
If you missed the meeting on the proposed development at 127 Fergus Drive but would like more information on how to submit your objection, please download the proforma objection letter (PDF).
You can print out the proforma letter, tick the relevant boxes and add your details as outlined below, or use the example objections it contains as a basis for your own submission.
- include your name, address, postcode and date
- include at least one objection in your own words (no. 9 on the letter)
- submit your objection by Tuesday 4 July 2017
Some ideas for reasons for objections include:
- pressure on parking
- the 7-storey height of the proposed building
- difficulties caused by deliveries/servicing
- incompatibility with the character of the Conservation Area
- loss of mature trees
- inappropriateness of the scale of the building in comparison with its surroundings
- loss of public amenity (the building is currently in use as an arts space)
You can post, hand-deliver or email your objection or submit it online. Full contact details are on the letter.
We are grateful to Ann Laird of Friends of Glasgow West for her help and advice and the Muchtoobig campaign.
Find out more
City Development Plan supplementary guidance:
- SG 9: Historic Environment (esp. sections 2.13 and 2.16)
- SG 10: Meeting Housing Needs (esp. section 4.6 on tourist accommodation)
- SG11: Sustainable Transport (esp. table 3.3 – the building is in a base accessibility area)
Evening Times article, 20 May 2017