About North Kelvin
North Kelvin in Glasgow’s West End lies mainly between the River Kelvin and the Forth and Clyde Canal.
Local attractions include a busy row of shops and cafes on Queen Margaret Drive, two churches of very different architectural interest, and Alexander Greek Thomson’s Sixty Steps. The beautiful Kelvin Walkway passes through the area alongside the river, and there is an excellent cyclepath along the canal.
Try our interactive map!
- 1 St Charles’ Church – NKCC meets in the hall attached to the church
- 2 Mackintosh Queen’s Cross
- 3 The Sixty Steps
- 4 North Kelvin Meadow (see photo above) and the Children’s Wood
- 5 So, What Comes Next?, formerly Crosslands, where the pub balcony from Trainspotting was filmed
- 6 Firhill Basin for watersports and fishing
- 7 Firhill Stadium, home to Partick Thistle.
Take a tour
Maryhill Burgh Halls have produced an excellent guide to the area and its surroundings: South Maryhill Walking Trail. Pick up a printed copy at the Halls or download the app or pdf (also available in large A4 format). It’s free and packed with information.