Coronavirus (COVID-19) local information
Local information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
On this page:
- Are you in self-isolation and need help?
- Want to volunteer?
- Helping your neighbours
- Resources (poster, links, videos)
- Social media
- Anything else?
Are you in self-isolation and need help?
If you are self-isolating or otherwise vulnerable, email us at NKcovid19@gmail.com or call/text 07871733505.
Tell us what your needs are, eg:
- collection of shopping
- collection of prescriptions/medication
- a friendly voice
- letters to be posted
We also need your contact details including address.
Please remember we are all volunteers and the phone will not be switched on 24/7, but we will try to respond as soon as we can.
Want to volunteer?
Please go to our dedicated volunteering page, read the information there and fill in our online form. That’s the easiest way for us to keep track of who’s doing what.
A huge thank you to everyone who has filled in the form so far. We are processing the forms and matching up volunteers with what’s needed where.
Helping your neighbours
We are particularly concerned for people who do not use social media or the internet and may struggle to get help. So we are looking for close/street “champions” who can look after their own patch. For example, you could download our poster (see Resources below) and display it in your close or your neighbours’ close. You could put notes through your neighbours’ letterboxes to let them know they can contact you for help (see Resources below).
Remember to wash your hands regularly (see video below) and maintain a 2m distance between yourself and the person you are helping. Shopping, for example, can be left outside a door.
Lots more information and advice is on our volunteering page.
Click the links!
- Download our poster to put up in your close
- Click to download “here to help” cards to fill in and leave with your neighbours
- Click to download a flier with key contact details
- Read NHS advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) for information on symptoms of infection and how to reduce your risk of catching COVID-19 and passing it on
- Watch a video of steps you can take to protect yourself and others
- Read Scottish government advice on mass events
- Contact the Good Morning Service telephone befriending service for older people (tel. 0141 336 7766 or 0333 101 0036)
- Find out about benefits you’re entitled to: see mygov.scot and gov.uk
Click on the images below for detailed advice on isolation. Click back on your browser to return to this page. Full information at nhsinform.scot/coronavirus.
- Facebook North Kelvin Community Council
- Facebook Glasgow Coronavirus Mutual Aid
- Twitter @NorthKelvinCC
- Nextdoor North Kelvin and Community Action Response
- Our newsletter
- Glasgow West End Today article (17/3/20) listing other local support groups
Is there something you think should be on this page? Email NKcovid19@gmail.com.