Minutes – 15 July 2009

North Kelvin Community Council Minutes

Wednesday 15 July 2009 at 6.30pm

Crosslands Bar, Queen Margaret Drive

Present: Mark Adams (MA) (Chair); Dave Beavan (DB) (Website & Library); Peter Blackshaw (PB) (Secretary); Eddie Devlin (ED); Liz Edgar (LE); Kevin Edgar (KE) (Treasurer); Kirsty Davidson (KD) (Minute Secretary)

Apologies: Susie Hallas (SH); Councillor Jim MacKechnie (JM)

Welcome

MA thanked everyone for attending.

Minutes of previous meeting and matters arising

The minutes of the May meeting were approved by ED and seconded by KE.

PB said the October Community Council elections would be advertised in the local library, as there is no central location in the North Kelvin area.

Action: DB to advertise the elections on the website.

MA said the £770 currently in the bank account was not enough to pay for a community notice board. MA confirmed he had spoken to the Area Committee and the Community Council can submit a funding application, for consideration at the next meeting on 11 August.

Action: KD to obtain an Area Committee funding application form and forward this to ED along with the quote. LE agreed to make enquiries with Curves about locating the notice board in their car park.

MA confirmed representatives from Aspire will be attending the next meeting and said it was important that the Police were in attendance.

Action: KD agreed to invite the Police to the next meeting.

Police Report

The police were not in attendance, so no report was given.

Councillor’s Report

MA said JM was unable to attend the meeting, but had emailed him with an update on the Clouston Street situation. JM confirmed the Council would be issuing the North Kelvin Meadow Campaign with a legal notice to remove them from the site.

MA said the Treasurer of the North Kelvin Meadow Campaign had contacted him, asking if they could attend a Community Council meeting.

Action: MA to invite North Kelvin Meadow Campaign representatives to the September meeting.

Treasurer’s Report

MA passed KE a bill from St. Charles School for room hire.

Information – website

DB said he had advertised the upcoming North Glasgow Football Development Group summer football camp on the website.

Action: DB agreed to follow up on the Council’s plans for a portal for all community councils.

Communications and correspondence

PB said the Community Council had received an invite to the community council’s discussion group meeting on 18 July. LE said she would attend.

MA said the ‘Extra’ had run an article on the graffiti campaign. MA encouraged everyone to report new graffiti using the spreadsheet on the website.

Next meeting – 19 August 2009 @ 6.30pm, St. Charles School

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *