Essential local info

Here are some useful local links. If you have suggestions for anything that should be added, email us! See also our pages About North Kelvin and Planning Applications.


For emergencies dial 999. To report non-urgent crime, call 101.

There’s loads of advice on the Police Scotland website on keeping you, your family & your belongings safe whether at home or out and about.

You can also find out about the policing priorities for our local area & download the Canal Ward plan (pdf).

If you have any questions about crime or policing in the area, let us know or come along to a meeting: two police officers usually attend to update us. For example, there has been a recent spate of bike thefts: follow this advice to keep yours secure.

If you have a problem with noise or other antisocial behaviour, call the police on 101 or contact the Antisocial Behaviour Noise Service on 0141 287 6688.


For emergencies dial 999. For health information visit NHS 24 or call 111.

Find out where you should go if you need A&E or the Minor Injuries Service.

If you’re looking for a Sunday or late-opening chemist, please call NHS inform on 0800 22 44 88.

You can find a local GP, pharmacy or dentist at NHS 24.

Transport links

Glasgow City Council

Contact details for GCC are on the council’s website.

Public notices can be viewed at tell me Scotland. For other information on planning, see our planning applications page.

You can report problems such as litter or vandalism via the Environmental Task Force or Fix My Street.

FixMyStreet - report, view or discuss local problems


Experiencing a power cut? No matter who your provider is, 105 is the number to call to get emergency help and advice, free of charge on mobile and landlines.

Emergency and other contact information for:

Further info

If you can’t find what you’re looking for here or elsewhere online, don’t forget the local library.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *