Kelbourne Street drop-in event for proposed development
Kelvin Properties are holding a community information event for the development of the disused site at 10 Kelbourne Street. As we all know, the site is an eyesore and litter trap.
The original plans were widely opposed within the community and initially refused by the City Council. Concerns included:
- the height of the building compared to the surrounding tenements
- overshadowing of the playpark
- increased traffic in an already busy area.
However, the plans were allowed on appeal, subject to conditions.
The developers propose to change the use of the site to purpose-built student accommodation. According to their leaflet:
The change of use removes the need for basement car parking and the traffic impact associated with private flats. The student apartments will have on site management and there are no changes proposed to the external design of the building – which already has planning permission.
Drop-in event: when and where
Drop in any time to find out more:
- 4pm–7pm, Wednesday 6th December 2023
- North Kelvinside Primary school, Queen Margaret Drive