Scottish Water essential works at the River Kelvin, August 2022
Scottish Water are to carry out essential works as part of a large investment project at the River Kelvin.
Week beginning Monday 22 August, Scottish Water contractors IUS will begin to lay ducting across the carriageway on Kelvin Drive and along Garriochmill Road (the pathway leading from Kelvin Drive to the River Kelvin Walkway, in the direction of the Humpback Bridge).
This ducting will house a cable which will ultimately supply power to a kiosk on the River Kelvin Walkway and, in turn, power the mechanical screens on the overflow pipes. These will prevent objects greater than 6mm (rags, baby wipes, large plastic cotton buds, etc) overflowing into the River Kelvin during storm events.
- Pedestrian access will continue during these works with diversion routes in place.
- The River Kelvin Walkway will still be accessible and pedestrians should follow signage.
- Temporary traffic lights will control access along Kelvin Drive and this short section of Garriochmill Road.
From Tuesday 23 August to around Friday 26 August, temporary two-way traffic lights will be in place at the junction of Kelvin Drive and Garriochmill Road (near to the River Kelvin Walkway).
- The area will be reinstated and the temporary traffic management removed as soon as it is possible to do so.
- Local residents will be notified by letter.
Scottish Water thank all local residents, drivers and users of the River Kelvin Walkway for their patience and understanding during these essential works.